Miserable Comforter by Ojsegun



    My phone ringing tone woke me up on a Monday morning, I yawned and checked who was calling, it was the manager of the hotel I worked as a bar attendant at night, I was surprised because he never calls me in the morning no matter the emergency, he knows I'm a student and I don't miss my lectures because I am and always want to be on first class. Without thinking much I picked the call and said "good morning boss" "what is good about the morning?!!!!" He asked yelling on top of his voice. I was confused and I asked "is anything wrong sir?" "Everything is wrong ma!!!" He replied in a loud voice, "I never knew you were a thief, armed robber, terrorist and a legal fool" he continued, at this point my heart was about to come out of my mouth in fear "so you just came to ruin my life right? You didn't see anything to steal it's the golden necklace that was kept in the inner most room, what did you ask for that was never given to you? Why most you pay good back with evil?" At this point I was lost and was trying my best to hold back my tears because I didn't steal anything. "You think you would go unpunished? No!! You are going to suffer because has you tried to ruin my life I already ruined yours!" He said and cutted the call not waiting to hear a word from me. Tears began to roll slowly down from my eyes.
     Not up to 5 minutes I heard my phone ringing I checked and saw it was my dad so I cleaned my face and cleared my voice then I picked the call, before I said a word my dad has already disowned me while the call was going on I heard my mom's voice shouting I should go and die that I'm not just a disgrace to our family but also to humanity. What did I do to deserve this? I was accused of stealing which led to my explosion from my university and also led to my dad disowning me and all this happened through the night. I was confused and I cried silently. Then I heard knock on my door I wiped my tears and went to open the door, when I opened it I saw it was my boyfriend and I felt relieved and I wanted to hug him but he pushed me away and said "I don't hug thieves and I came to tell you I can't continue dating a thief" I never believed he would say that, his words were like sword and they pierced through my soul. After his words his spat on my face and left. This was the most embarrassing moment in my life and I fell to the ground and cried aloud.
    I needed someone to be with me and I called my friends and to my greatest surprise they all blocked me and before they did so they messaged me on WhatsApp and said how they were highly disappointed in me. My best friend didn't block me so I called her and she came I was happy that I finally found someone to comfort me someone to make me forget my sorrow but she did opposite, she miserably  comforted me. She said words that pieced my heart. I thought I would cry on her shoulder but she placed my face on the ground and matched it.
After her harsh words she left my house. This was when I knew I was alone, If I knew I never had a friend I won't have thought I had. 
At this point I had only one option left and I thought over it and decided to take it. I decided to cure my pains forever because this world was an embodiment of pains to me it made me humiliated and left me in the mud. The cure to pains is death.
  I came back from where I went to get the solution to my pains and to my greatest surprise I saw the guy I detested, the guy I hated and in anger I asked him what was he was doing Infront of my house then he answered "I heard of your pains and I felt it too so I came to comfort you" "did I tell you I need a Comforter?!!" I yelled at him then he came a little bit close to me and said "I came here to show you what being a friend means and what love is like, I heard of your pains and what your loved ones did to you then I put myself in your shoes and I cried so I decided to be the shoulder you would cry on and to share in your pains but if you don't need me I'll go but I will just tell you don't let it bring you down, smile and continue your life so as to make the people that did this to you ashamed" after his words he attempted to leave but I held him back as slowly tears dropped from my eyes then he came to my front and said "don't cry all is well" as I heard this it was like they opened a dam in my eyes and tears started rushing from my eyes. He was about 6feet tall and I was about 5feet 2inches tall so he placed my face on his chest and I cried so loud and he patted me softly on my back and whispered comforting words into my eyes that melted my heart and left it ready to form whatever shape the maker wanted it to form and the he was the maker.  
    I stopped crying and looked into his eyes and I saw love in the soul I hated and passion of care and comfort in the body I detested.
                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set a goal and not a limit

High Taste

I now see